Kentucky Health Care Foundation Scholarship
With the constant demand for skilled employees, and constantly rising tuition, the KHCF Scholarship absorbs some of the cost of education for individuals who want to further their career in long term care. Since 1989, the Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities and the Kentucky Healthcare Foundation award scholarships to deserving employees in the long term care profession based on their academic achievements and commitment to quality care.
The mission of the Kentucky Health Care Foundation is to enhance quality care through research, educational opportunities, innovation, and partnership as supported by charitable contributions. The Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities (KAHCF) is the trade association that represents proprietary and nonproprietary long term care facilities throughout the Commonwealth.
Individuals pursuing degrees other than nursing will be considered for scholarships. The Kentucky Health Care Foundation scholarships are awarded to employees of member facilities and applicants are judged on their professional qualifications, commitment to the profession and by letters of recommendation.
The Kentucky Health Care Foundation scholarship was established to encourage the education of long term health professionals in Kentucky. An applicant must be a Kentucky resident who is planning a career in long term care and be employed at a KAHCF member facility or enrolled in school. Scholarship applicants must be enrolled in or accepted by a college, university, health care institution or other educational organization offering state approved courses. If not employed by a KAHCF member facility, scholarship applicants currently enrolled must obtain a faculty member recommendation letter. Scholarships will be paid directly to the educational institution to cover expenses incurred for tuition, books or course-related fees. The amount of the scholarship has been $2,500 in the past, but is reviewed annually.
How to apply:
- Submit applications to: Kentucky Health Care Foundation
9403 Mill Brook Road
Louisville, KY 40223
- For a hard-copy application, click here to download. Submit your application electronically by clicking here.
- Applications must be received by Wednesday, June 23, 2023
- Scholarship recipients will be notified of the KHCF Board’s decision the summer of 2023. Scholarship funds will be available immediately upon award, and recipients will be recognized by KAHCF in the Fall of 2023.
- For more information, contact the Kentucky Health Care Foundation at (502) 425-5000.