Upon completion, the learner will be able to:
1. Recognize how person-centered care is the core of the PDPM payment model.
2. Define the core components of person-centered care.
3. Consider best practices to incorporate person-centered care into everyday interactions and care plans for short-stay residents.
4. Identify tools to assess person-centered care practices.
5. Review the key components of teamwork and communication required for person-centered care.
6. Review of activities and other programs that can impact facility-wide adoption of person-centered care.
Why the Focus on Person-Centered Care for Short-Stay Patients
PDPM was implemented to focus payment for rehabilitative episodes of care on individual needs and preferences to implement more person-centered care delivery. Since the PDPM model was a wholesale shift in payment and delivery, initial training mechanisms focused on the new system components. Now that those payment components have been adopted, education and training on best-practices for implementing person-centered care should be reviewed to fully adopt CMS’s vision for the PDPM model.
There is a quiz at the end of each of the first three modules that learners must complete with a score of 80% or higher. There also is a final exam at the end of last four-part module that individuals must also pass with a score of 80% or greater in order to receive 5.25 NAB approved CEs for administrators and 4.0 CEs for nurses through the Iowa Board of Nursing.
Cost and Registration Options
The cost of this program is $350 AHCA members and $650 for non-members. Individuals may register for this course and group/team registrations are available by following these group registration instructions. Discounts are available when registering five or more individuals.
Register here for this important and timely webinar series using your AHCA/NCAL usernames and passwords. For assistance obtaining AHCA/NCAL usernames and passwords, please e-mail [email protected] with your name and facility contact information.
Brochure flyer: click here