WEBINAR: Fundamentals of Defense Part 2: Falls, Infection Control/COVID-19 Outbreak Management, Pressure Ulcers, Elopement and Wrongful Death
November 3. 2021. Webinar - 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (ET)
Click here for Brochure
Webinar Series: Cultivating LTC Leaders: Topics in Regulatory, Legal, and Compliance Management
This 12 month webinar series addresses hot topics in nursing home operations to develop skills in
managing current clinical- regulatory, legal and compliance risks. A team of expert presenters offers
insight on systems and strategies to advance preparedness for the varied challenges facing LTC leaders,
with practical solutions, templates, tools and resources. Recordings of live sessions are included with
the webinar purchase.
At the conclusion of this session, the learner will:
- Understand the regulatory requirements governing pressure ulcers and elopement.
- Identify key components of defending care in wrongful death cases related to pressure ulcers and elopement.
- Apply strategies for successful defense of care for pressure ulcers and elopement.
- 15 minutes Overview of regulatory requirements governing pressure ulcers and elopement.
- 30 minutes Examine key components of defending care in wrongful death cases involving pressure ulcers and elopement.
- 10 minutes Review best practices for successful defense of care for pressure ulcers and elopement.
- 5 minutes Closing Comments/ Q&A
Target Audience: Nursing Facility Leadership
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Contact Hours: 1
* Shelly Maffia MSN, MBA, RN, LNHA, QCP, CHC, CLNC
* Janine Lehman, RN, RAC-CT, CLNC, Clinical Consultant
Proactive Training Team:
The Proactive clinical education team includes experienced health
facility administrator, legal nurse consultant, compliance officer, MDS
and reimbursement experts with backgrounds in multi-facility operations,
contract therapy services, survey management, healthcare compliance,
clinical program development, QAPI, and litigation support.
Learn more about our team at www.proactivemedicalreview.com
Members: $55 per person
Nonmember: $110 per person
Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities is an approved provider
of continuing education by the Kentucky Board of Nursing, #5-0002. To
receive the 1.00 contact hours, you must complete the entire program.
Certificates may be printed once the program evaluation is submitted. Disclaimer
Statement: The Kentucky Board of Nursing approval of an individual
continuing education provider does not constitute endorsement of program
Cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 502-425-3431. Cancellations
by phone will not be accepted. Cancellations received no later than October 25 will receive a full refund. Cancellations received between October 26 to November 2 will receive a refund of 1/2. Registrants who
do not attend or who do not complete the full seminar will not receive a
refund unless prior written notice is given to the KAHCF office.