WEBINAR: Incontinence, UTIs, and Catheters
December 15. 2021 Webinar - 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM (ET)
Click here for Brochure
This 12 month webinar series focuses on nursing facility systems of care and managing common conditions treated in the LTC setting. Each session addresses standards of care, staff training/ competency focus areas, critical nursing assessment/ documentation principles, care planning guidance, recommended QA activities, and practical daily operations guidance with extensive use of case examples. Recordings of live sessions are included with the webinar purchase.
- Describe best practices for implementing and/or improving critical nursing assessment and documentation practices pertinent to identifying, monitoring and managing incontinence, UTIs and catheters.
- Understand the role of interdisciplinary team members in collaborating to manage incontinence, UTIs and catheters.
- Describe a process for establishing priority QAPI and Staff Development activities
- 15 minutes Review of regulations and interpretive guidance relating to incontinence, UTIs and catheters.
- 30 minutes Considerations for best practices and care standards related to identifying, monitoring and managing incontinence, UTIs and catheters with case studies.
- 10 minutes Strategies for effective staff development and QAPI activities
- 5 minutes Closing Comments/ Q&A
Target Audience: Directors of Nursing, Nurse Managers, QA Directors, MDS/RAI Team, Nursing Staff, Staff Development Coordinators, Compliance Staff, Department Heads, Nursing Home Administrators, Corporate Leaders
Instructional Level: Intermediate
Contact Hours: 1
Presented By: Janine Lehman, RN, RAC-CT, CLNC, Clinical Consultant
Proactive Training Team:
The Proactive clinical education team includes experienced health
facility administrator, legal nurse consultant, compliance officer, MDS
and reimbursement experts with backgrounds in multi-facility operations,
contract therapy services, survey management, healthcare compliance,
clinical program development, QAPI, and litigation support.
Learn more about our team at www.proactivemedicalreview.com
Members: $55 per person
Nonmember: $110 per person
Kentucky Association of Health Care Facilities is an approved provider
of continuing education by the Kentucky Board of Nursing, #5-0002. To
receive the 1.00 contact hours, you must complete the entire program.
Certificates may be printed once the program evaluation is submitted. Disclaimer
Statement: The Kentucky Board of Nursing approval of an individual
continuing education provider does not constitute endorsement of program
Cancellations must be made in writing and emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 502-425-3431. Cancellations
by phone will not be accepted. Cancellations received no later than December 7 will receive a full refund. Cancellations received between December 8 to December 14 will receive a refund of 1/2. Registrants who
do not attend or who do not complete the full seminar will not receive a
refund unless prior written notice is given to the KAHCF office.